October 31 from 3 to 7 p.m.
Halloweenfest, the scariest event of the year, is hosted by the Waukegan Park District at Bowen Park, located on the corner of Sheridan Road and Greenwood Avenue. This event is a fun, safe venue for children and youth loaded with games, treats and activities that will delight the whole family; below are some of the favorites:
- Garden of Make Believe for ages 3-8 from 3 – 5 p.m.
- A Creepy Crawly Show sure to amaze and entertain all from 4 – 7 p.m.
- Storytelling at the bonfire from 4 – 7 p.m.
- Greet a Ghoul for fun, possibly scary, chills from 3 – 7 p.m.
- Gigantic Slide where children can burn off energy from 3 – 7 p.m.
- Children’s Games that offer challenges and prizes from 3 – 7 p.m.
- Music that fills the air with excitement from 3 – 7 p.m.
- Wagon Rides through the park to refresh and relax from 3 – 7 p.m.
- Dark Manor House with hallways of spine tingling rooms of fear from 3 – 7 p.m.
- Zombie Zumba Dance Zone from 4 – 6 p.m.
Halloweenfest, sponsored by the Uline Corporation and First Midwest Bank, is fun for the entire family and admission is free! Costumes are encouraged and add to the festivities. Food will be available for purchase at the event from the following vendors: Fast Eddies, Grub N Go, Popcorn by Boy Scouts Troop #609, Zoup, and CherDan Events. Other vendors include: Cricket Communications, Waukegan Public Library, Chiro One/Medulla, First Midwest Bank, North Shore Gas, Farmers Insurance, and Metro Smile! The Waukegan Park District is grateful to all of its sponsors for their outstanding support and partnership in making this year’s Halloweenfest an exciting event for all ages. For more information contact the Waukegan Park District at 847-360-4700.